With its white sand beaches, turquoise water, lush valleys and charisma, the Coromandel might just steal your heart away...
Welcome to our little corner of paradise. If you only have three days to spare, spend it walking and tasting with us. We've pulled together three beautiful and diverse guided day walks and some delicious food and wine tasting experiences. Perfect if you like small group tours and good company.
Visit one of the finest remaining Kauri groves in a diverse ecological area. Walk along pristine rolling coastlines and take in the endless views. Visit a local winery and enjoy sampling their wares whilst overlooking the vineyard. Enjoy a unique 'paddock-to-plate' food experience at local award-winning bistro. Hike to the top of the tallest waterfall in the North Island and sample velvety gelato made from full-cream jersey cow milk fed on lush local pastures.
Stay two nights at our premium boutique lodge tucked away in a magical valley setting and relax with a glass of wine each night.
- A minimum of 4 people are required for guaranteed departure of this tour.
- Tours depart Sundays and return Tuesday.
- Rates pp are double or twin share.
NO DEPOSIT required for booking - email your details, the tour and departure date you would like to join to email@example.com and we will hold your booking until we have border certainty.
If your preferred travel dates don't match our tour dates, get in touch and we will see what we can do - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Endless stretches of pristine New Zealand coastline
- Visit one of the finest remaining Kauri groves in a diverse ecological area.
- Unique 'garden-to-plate' food experience at local award-winning bistro.
- Hike to the top of the tallest waterfall in the North Island.
- Taste gelato made from full-cream jersey cow milk fed on lush local pastures
- Pristine New Zealand native bush away from the crowds.
- A variety of kiwi cuisine experiences, from fine dining to fresh seasonal produce cooked by our local hosts
- Stay in premium boutique bed and breakfasts with local hosts.
- Small groups, maximum of 8
Day One: Sunday
5km (3 miles) / 2.5 hours hiking (easy grade)
We will collect you from Auckland before visiting a local winery for a light lunch with wine tasting accompaniment on our way to the Coromandel Peninsula for our afternoon walk. A stunning trail leads us to the nest remaining Kauri groves in a lush and diverse ecological area. We head to the beautiful Kauaeranga Valley to our boutique lodge where we will be based for two nights. Relax with a drink in hand and some nibbles as you get to know the group you will be making memories with. Tonight’s delicious three-course meal is prepared in-house by our lovely host.
Day Two: Monday
9km (5.5 miles) / 4-5 hours hiking (medium grade)
Enjoy breakfast with a view this morning at a leisurely pace before we head to the coast for our walk from Homunga Bay to Waihi Beach. Feast your eyes upon the white sand beaches, turquoise coloured water and magnificent Pohutakawa trees as we wind our way around three bays, stopping for a picnic lunch on the beach. When our hearts have had enough of the endless coastal views and sea breezes, we head back to our lodge and get ready for our paddock-to-plate experience followed by dinner at a local award-winning bistro.
Day Three: Tuesday
5km (3.7 miles) / 3-4 hours hiking (moderate grade)
This morning we head inland to climb to the top of the tallest waterfall in the North Island. Plunging 153m from the Kaimai range above, a well maintained track winds across bridges with lovely views, before reaching to our first view of the falls. From here it is quite a climb to the top of the falls, but our efforts are rewarded with breath-taking views over the valley and Waikato plains. With the hard work done, it’s time to visit the land of icecream! Indulge in a taste of the most delicious handmade gelato made from full cream jersey cow milk fed on lush Waikato pastures before we take you back to Hamilton or Auckland with fond memories and a sweet taste in your mouth.
Note: This itinerary should be seen as a guide only and is subject to change at any time due to elements outside our control. We will always endeavour to stick as closely to this itinerary as possible to deliver the best experience to you. The above doesn't detail all 'Nosh' experiences in full as we like to keep some things a surprise!
- Return shuttle transfers from Auckland.
- Comfortable and spacious transport with air conditioning.
- Professional local guide and assistant guide with local knowledge and stories leading the way.
- Premium boutique lodges with local hosts.
- ALL meals. Cooked and continental breakfast options, nutritious and uniquely kiwi packed lunches, three-course evening meals (Sunday - lunch + dinner, Monday - breakfast, lunch, dinner, Tuesday - breakfast + lunch).
- New Zealand wine for the table or a beer/non-alcoholic drink of choice with evening meals.
- Delicious food experiences unique to Nature and Nosh Tours (our secret ingredient!).
- First aid kits, safety equipment and all your fresh New Zealand drinking water.
- Nature and Nosh insulated stainless steel drink bottle to use on tour and keep.
- Nature and Nosh enamel mug for your hot drinks on tour and to keep.
What's not included
- Personal hiking gear such as boots, clothing, poles and day packs. We do have some day packs and walking poles available for hire.
- Travel insurance. We recommend all of our tour guests take out travel insurance.
- Single supplement fee NZ $150 for single travellers wanting their own room.
Easy to moderate
Day one - 2.5 hour walk
Day two - 4-5 hours walking
Day three - 3 hours walking (400m / 1300ft elevation)
Carrying a small day backpack for your personal gear such as water, lunch and
a rain jacket.
Track surfaces on our Coastal Charm tour vary, but most are on well maintained paths, with a couple on more rugged terrain where you will be walking over tree roots, mud and rocks. You will get the most out of this tour if you have a good level of fitness and some hiking experience. Our guides ensure that the pace is dictated by the group and allow plenty of time for short breaks for water, refreshments, photos and interesting stories on the way. For us, it's about the journey, not the destination.
We've carefully hand selected our tracks throughout the Coromandel and close surrounding areas for their beauty, diversity of terrain and landscapes, flora, special features and conservation values. The day walks on this tour are designed to have a mix of easy and medium graded walks, with flat and rolling terrain and one decent climb on our day three hike. Some of our tracks are well-known and are too scenic to leave off our tours, others are so secret that not even the locals know about them!
You will enjoy a variety of kiwi cuisine experiences, from fine-dining to hearty home cooking by our local hosts - some even source fresh produce from their own gardens! Breakfast is an option of cooked or continental to fuel you properly for your day of hiking. Lunches are freshly packed for you in the mornings and we have plenty of snacks for the journey. Evening meals are two or three-courses with a glass of wine, beer or beverage of your choice. Our 'Nosh' experiences include tastings at our favourite spots on the coast, a special paddock-to-plate experience and more.
We stay in premium boutique-style lodges or bed and breakfasts on our Coastal Charm Taster tour, tucked away in private and picturesque settings. Most of our rooms have ensuites, however some rooms have shared bathroom facilities. Single supplement is available for those travellers wanting their own rooms. When the weather permits, we have meals on the verandah and take in the beautiful views. We have great relationships with our local hosts so you can be sure you'll be looked after the kiwi way!
"I had the most wonderful experience on the 3 day Coastal Charm Taster Tour with Nature and Nosh. The walks were amazing through beautiful pristine countryside. I love bushwalking and this trip did not disappoint.
The tracks that were included on the tour were a good mixture to keep it interesting and the natural scenery was diverse and beautiful. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. I absolutely loved the gourmet homemade slices….yummy!!! Made with love and quality ingredients.
The owner/guide Kylie did the most amazing job of organising everything so the trip ran smoothly. All I had to do was enjoy it, which was easy as it was so lovely. I could not have put together a holiday for myself as lovely as the Coastal Charm Taster Tour. It is certainly worth paying to join a tour, especially if you have limited time like I did. The accommodation was beautiful. Thank you Nature and Nosh for all your efforts and research to put together such an amazing trip. I will treasure the memory of the lovely time forever.
- Tam, Queensland