A little something for those who need something to look forward to this spring!
We've crafted a limited series of off-the-beaten track escapes with our team of local guides. Each escape features a collection of their favourite day tramps and foodie experiences in either the Waikato or Coromandel.
Take on the great outdoors with one of our experienced local bush guide:
- Exclusive tastings, meet the maker and peek behind the closed doors of our passionate artisans
- Think gourmet cheese, wine, ice-cream, cooking classes and more.
- Tramping options for all levels
- Charming country and water front boutique accommodation options
- Limited to small groups of 6
Fully inclusive - Every little detail is taken care of.
It's time to reconnect with people, nature and great food
We all know it was a less than ideal start to 2020. With every cloud there is a silver lining and our silver lining is a renewed appreciation and gratefulness for our beautiful outdoors, good company and just getting away from it all.
We've put a lot of thought into crafting three escapes in collaboration with our awesome guides. Think off-the-beaten track tramps, secret spots they know about and local gems you would never even have known about.
Escape 1: Coast to Coast with Coxy
Three days of tramping adventures and indulgence on the Coromandel
3 - 5 October
- Lush Kauri grove tramp with gourmet picnic
- Take on the bucket list Pinnacles climb in the Kauaeranga Valley
- Explore the secluded coastline from Homunga to Orokawa Bay
- Learn about the art of gin distillation with local gin makers who source flavours from the wild
- Kombucha master class with award-winning chef at the Falls Retreat Bistro
- A bag of locally roasted Pinnacle coffee to take home
Escape 2: Three Peaks with Peter
An active escape with delicious rewards for those up for the challenge!
16 - 18 October
- Three 'peaks' in three days
- Mt Karioi (Raglan) on the west coast, Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari and Wairere Falls - the tallest falls in the North Island
- Meet the maker and taste award-winning Waikato cheeses
- Private group wine tour and tasting at family-run Vilagrad Winery
- Treat yourself with gourmet gelato tasting and tour at Kowhai Creamery
- Stay in tranquility at the base of Sanctuary mountain
Escape 3: West Coast Adventure with Irene
Explore the secrets of Waitomo's backcountry in a world forgotten
6 - 8 November
- Discover a hidden world on a spectacular backcountry Waitomo track
- Visit Kainui Station, walk their farm track with coastal views and enjoy lunch (paddock to plate) and whitebait fritters!
- Stay at a bach on the water and soak in the famous west coast sunsets, wine in hand
- Learn key navigation skills in the bush with map and compass
- Visit Marokopa Falls and explore the Mangapohue Natural Bridge, a hidden Waitomo wonder
- Gather around a campfire on the beach with port and toasted marshmallows
Three escapes. All tramping levels. Limited spaces. Which one is your favourite?
Surprise your better half with an active and indulgent escape.
Pay 20% deposit to secure your place now. Fully-refundable until 30 days prior to departure.
Get in touch with us now - firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.